Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My old people!

Today I went to an assisted living center called Wentworth. I have a friend who helps with the activities there and she said that they are always looking for help. So she arranged for my grandpa to start helping out there during the afternoons on some days. And said I could go there any time and visit them. She also wrote me down to be a volunteer to take them to the temple in a few weeks and I can't wait!

I miss my old job so bad! I loved being a C.N.A. at Legacy! I loved the people there so much! They were so much fun and they became such a big part of my life! And I was so sad to leave there. But at the time I had to. So when Cindy told me she worked there my wheels started to turn! I have been thinking about going back to get re certified and becoming a C.N.A. again. I mostly enjoyed working with the Alzheimer's patients. But I love the other's too. But you know when you feel like something is missing? Well that has been me for the past little while. And now I know what it is! My old people! :) I forgot how happy I was being around them! Its funny how being around them brings out a different side of me! I almost forgot how happy I was when I was at work those couple of years! Even though the job is not glorious... I found so much joy in taking care of them and just being with them. Especially the Alzheimer's patients. They are so sweet and for some reason I just feel such a connection with them. There has been so many times where I just wanted to go back and visit them. But I just couldn't find the time. And I regret that because it gives me the best feeling when I am around them.....

I don't know if I really will get back into it... It was just a thought.... But even if I don't, I am still going to put forth the effort to go and see them. What better way to find happiness, than to bring it into the life's of others?!

No comments:

Post a Comment