Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mountains

I know this entry is going to be long. But it is something that I feel is good for me to write about. So if you choose to stop reading half way through, I won't be offended.

As some of you know, I am an astrology junkie. I read my Zodiac (Pisces), "love" (Pisces), and Chinese (Dragon) horoscope every day. I read both the Chinese and the Pisces horoscope because some days the way I am feeling is more accurate with one than the other.... Lately it has been leaning more more in the favor of the Chinese readings though.... So with that being said I have decided to share my 2010 horoscope with all of you.


"The Dragon"

"Okay, pause for a moment and check your pulse. Still there? Good. That means you survived the last couple of years with both Saturn and Pluto in less-than-perfect places for you. And by 'less than perfect,' I mean 'lousy.' Good news! Both of astrology's heavyweights have moved on to more constructive places for you. Now is the time to take that famous Pisces sensitivity (still intact from the challenges of the last while) and put it to work making your life a happier and more comfortable place.

You'll be receiving a lot more attention from others in 2010: loved ones, family and co-workers will all be drawn to you at times like moths to a flame. And as a result of the last couple of years worth of hassle, you'll be a stronger person with better judgment, and much better able to handle the influx. Enjoy your new position at the center of your own social circle!

One more noteworthy change from the previous year: Jupiter will be in your sign for most of the year, giving you a newfound sense of optimism and happiness about things no matter how they turn out. You'll be feeling expansive, but be careful not to expand too much -- this transit also comes with a more than usual chance of weight gain. There will be a renewed emphasis on health, fitness and personal well-being in the spring -- take advantage of that. Then again, maybe you just deserve the break. What's a pound or to compared to real happiness?"


I can't even tell you all how excited I am to kick off this new year! I was ready to leave 2009 behind me clear back in April! It was such a roller coaster ride. And at times it felt like would never be in my favor! But after meeting Cacey and working on bettering myself... Things started to look up!

At this point in my life, I am content. Sure things could be better in certain areas. But then again, "life ain't always peachy" :) . I think that if everything were perfect all the time, life would be boring. We need something to keep us on our toes. After all, going through hardships is when we learn the most about ourselves and others. It's hard to remember the things that matter most to us when we are brought down by others, Especially during a time we consider "a period of change". And it is hard not to judge other's for what they go through. Or to be angry with those that judge us. But the truth (and something that I often forget) is that by judging others, we are no better than those that judge us.

In the scriptures it is taught to "Be the light of Christ" ... To be like Him. Christ judged no one. And tho he was judged, beaten, and crucified by those that misjudged him... He still prayed for them and felt compassion for them.

I hope to be like Him in that way. To open up my heart and forgive those that judge me simply because of what they have heard, or don't care to understand. I hope to pray for their well being and still wish the best for them. Even if they don't wish the same for me. But most importantly I hope to forgive myself for judging others and feeling sorry for myself at certain times in my life. I hope to focus on the good in people, even though it is so much easier to point out the bad. And not to forget what others have done to hurt me, but to forgive them for it. I hope that in doing these things, I can set an example for others. That they too can forgive themselves and others for the pain and anger they feel. Because it truly is such a wonderful feeling to have that weight of guilt and anger lifted from your shoulders.

I am not perfect. Far from it actually. I make mistakes like everyone else. And tho I don't go to church often, I know that I am a good person. I know that I have a good heart and I feel I have a great relationship with Heavenly Father. I know that no matter what, there will always be someone that is going to judge me for the way I am. But this year more than ever before, I am going to focus on myself and try not to worry about the opinion's that others have of me. Because I know the truth. I know the real me. Really, my opinion of myself is the only one that matters. But in order for me to be ultimately happy, I have to forgive others, and most of all forgive myself for everything and everyone I have let take a piece of me. I need to remember that yesterday will never go away. My past will always be apart of me. And it will always be a large portion of the what has made me who who I am today.

To me, life's struggles are like steep mountains. At the lowest point, it seems impossible to reach the top. You feel hopeless and overwhelmed. You are scared to even try to reach it. But with the encouragement of others, and self motivation, you start the climb. And there are times that you become tired, you want to turn back, and times your will fall. But, there is always someone there to pick you up. You will feel aches and pains that you never knew existed. And at certain points you will need to stop and rest. There will be obstacles that will stand in your way. And at times you will lose sight of what you are trying to reach. But once you reach the top, you can look at the trail behind you and feel proud. Because tho it wasn't easy, you conquered the climb. And when you see everything in front of you, you smile and take a deep breath of fresh air. Because it is in that moment, you are at peace with yourself... You feel as if you can conquer anything.



I hope that this year you conquer your "mountains" . I hope you do it with an honest heart and an open mind. I hope you try not to judge others. I hope you wish the best for your enemies and think twice before picking them apart. Because you never know what mountain they are climbing. Or what mountains they have climbed in the past.


I wish you all the best of luck this year as you try to reach your goals you have set. Have a wonderful 2010!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that.. I am a pisces & a dragon as well =)

    ReplyDelete