Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye Lone Peak... Helloooo Uptown!

Today is a sad, yet good day for me! Its my last day working at Lone Peak where I have been for almost 3 years. I am happy to move forward in my life! Because I know that it will be a good experience and the beginning to a whole new chapter! But also sad to end this one.


I hope everyone at Lone Peak knows how much I appreciate having the chance to have them in my life! Because I don't think I will ever be able to express how much joy working here has brought into it! I could have been having the worst day in the world and one of them would walk in and all they had to do was smile and my whole attitude would change! It's nice to be surrounded by positive people! ....And they always told ME that it's nice that I always have a smile on my face... But honestly, it's not hard when I wake up in the morning and love what I do and love the people that I work with! I have made some really great friendships and learned so much while working here! And even though each person here is so different than one another, their attitudes are all the same. I never really noticed until now how great of an impact working here has had on me. From my attitude, to my health, to just my outlook on things. I have learned that hard work will get you a long way... You can excel beyond the limit! I look at them, and they are constantly pushing themselves to be better... to be the best! And I really admire that. I have learned that my health is important and should be taken seriously. Seeing them be active and eat the way they do made me finally get that extra "shove" to do it for myself. And I went beyond my expectations. I never thought I would have been able to lose 85 pounds and fit into a smaller size than I was at the age of 15. I did it on my own. But they were a big part of my motivation! I have learned that I am the only one that can make my life what it is. That I can not wait for opportunities to arise....But probably the most important thing I learned while working here is that I am the only one that can decide on my own happiness and well being. I have made some poor choices in life... But I have also made some great one's too. And venturing out to work here was one of the greatest decisions of all. Because while being here and having the opportunity to get to know them, has been an important part of the person that I have transitioned into. I honestly don't know where I would be if I decided not to apply here. I would like to say I would be somewhat of the person that I am now... But then again, I really don't think I would be.



So thank you guys for all that you have done for me! Thank you for all the smiles and happiness that you have given me! I am so blessed to have had you be a small part of my life for this long! And to have built the friendships and the bonds with you that I have. And not only will I miss you... But I will miss doing your paper work, running your errands, and pretty much anything else you ask me to do too :) Because knowing that I could help you out.... Helped me in more way than I thought was possible.
And I know that most of you don't look at your job as heroic... But I know that since I have worked here, I have gained a whole new outlook on what you do! Because I know the type of people that you are and the heart that each of you have... I know that without even thinking... if you were put in the position, any of you would risk your life to save the life of another. I see the great teachers that each of you are and the respect that your crews have for you. Because you provide them with the skills needed for them to stay safe and excel above and beyond all limits! So that to me is a hero! And I am so glad that I got the chance to work for the best of the best!


But now, I must say goodbye! And move on to a new adventure! :) But you will always be MY BOYS!!!! Have a great season filled with lots of fire! I know you will own the season just like always because here at LP that's how we do it! "Go big or go home!!" And if it isn't filled with fire soon enough let me know.... I will see what I can do ;)


I love you all and I will miss you!




No comments:

Post a Comment