Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beautiful Mess

I'm ready to venture
Into the unknown.
Ready to capture
Opportunities shown.

Unsure of what I want
But knowing what I need,
This beautiful mess
Has again been unleashed.

The nights I haven't slept
The tears I have cried,
Just aren't worth enough
For one last try.

So forward I move
With a heart full of pain
As it's you I will lose
On this journey of self knowledge to gain.

We once shared a dream....
We created a world,
That was perfect it seemed
For a small town boy and this city girl.

Now the season's have changed
And since have we.
But the memories replay
Of how things used to be.

For now this complicated world
Is one we see differently.
A stubborn girl?
Well.... that's just me.

I tried to change....
I thought it was best.
But no matter what I'll remain,
A beautiful mess.

So with a heavy heart
And tear filled eyes,
A new beginning I start
As I leave you with goodbye.

I'm scared to move on
leaving you behind.
Because for so long,
Your life have been mine.

But our world's are just too different for our eyes to see the same.
And tho we gave it our best,
Its time to say goodbye to the one who'll remain,
Etched in the heart of this beautiful mess.


Who knows what the future has in store for us. But as for now....all I can say is thank you for being a part of my beautiful mess! You have no idea how much you have impacted my life! You have opened my eyes to a whole new side of me. And for that I can not thank you enough. So if things don't work out for us in the future... I will always be here for you as a friend.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a cute poem Nicki, things will be ok and work out one way or another, hang in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete