Monday, April 20, 2009

Barbed wire, campfire, and hobo dinners for one + Fudge

So this past weekend was different for me.... I went to Justin's so that was the same.... But my Uncle Ron asked me to do some art work on some stickers for his race car. I was pretty nervous yet excited because A. I have never done anything like that before. And B. Its a 1963 Nova that is a race car.... How awesome is that! :) Any ways... It took a while to do both sides but I thoroughly enjoyed it! He put the stickers on there to cover up the gobby signature of the artist. It was huge and so wanted to hide it. So he had me do some barbed wire around the edge of it. I am not going to lie though, I was a little scared to have some of the work go off of the sticker up onto the actual paint. But Ron assured me that is was a race car and unlike his other classic beauties, the paint didn't really matter.... It was the power under the hood that was the head turner! So after that I felt a little better!





Ron kept me entertained as usual by throwing my name into songs and feeding me all the chocolate I could ask for! He was doing stuff to the motor and getting the trailer ready so it was good to have some company. Some friends of his that I had not seen in years stopped in to see the car. So we all chit-chatted for a while and exchanged stories that always make our family laugh. And my uncles friend said it looked good! He said he wanted to find something for me to do on his car..... I am all up for the challenge! :)



I did it with permanent paint markers. I think it turned out pretty good! And I hope they are happy with it! While I was getting ready to switch colors I was shaking the pen up and it exploded all over me. It was pretty funny. Justin ( My Uncles friend) brought his daughters and they were watching me so it was pretty fun to hear them laugh as the ink went all over my sweatshirt and neck! The best part about it all was my Uncle asked me if I wanted an old hoodie to wear so mine wouldn't get ruined. And I figured I would be fine since I was not really getting greasy :) Well that back fired! It was funny!

On Saturday Justin and I decided to build a fire in his back yard. He has quite a bit of property and with the weather being as nice as it has been, I really was in the camping mood! So he dug us a pit and we got the wood piled on..... and lit some matches and the dang thing would not start even with gasoline. So Justin's dad got the propane and torch and burnt the wood and pit for a couple minutes and it was great after that! I made some hobo dinners because I thought they sounded delicious and they were.... but Justin's dog Fudge got to his plate before he got a chance to really taste it. I was sitting on the swing and she jumped up into the air and grabbed the plate right from my hands! I couldn't even believe it! But I guess I don't blame her! At least she has good taste in food! :)

Well other than those few things and family dinner at Grammy's house on Sunday that's about it! Can't beat a weekend with good food and good company! I hope everyone has a great week! Get out and enjoy the sunshine! I know I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment