Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thank you Food Gods!

Ok so I have to go to the Fed Ex store in Draper once a week for work. And for like 3 months I was trying to figure out what they were going to put right behind the Fed Ex/Urban Blues lil' strip mall..... So about a month ago I figured it out! It's a new little restaurant called U Food Grill! And to me.... IT IS BRILLIANT!!!! And here is why. U Food Grill is a restaurant that takes dishes like rice bowls, wraps, HAMBURGERS, Sandwiches and FRENCH FRIES.... YES french fries and creates a healthy version of them! BRILLIANT RIGHT???. And I have been wanting to check it out for a while now... So FINALLY after reading the menu online today..... I bucked up and tried it!














I got the Chopstick Chicken Bowl and it is soo good! Its got a little kick to it... But its mostly sweet! My dish had brown rice, steamed broccoli, and George Forman (yes he eats there too! ) grilled chicken! And the fries.... Yes, I had to break down and try them.... and they were BETTER than regular fries! Man I think I am in love! I am so excited about this place! I can't wait to try other things there! It is a little spendy meaning $10 for the fries, a drink and the bowl, but to me its worth it! Because if I can go somewhere and eat something that is hearty and healthy.... Well then you pretty much had me at "Can I take your order?!"

Now the real deal breaker for me was this...... I count my calories. Because lets be honest... I was not blessed with the metabolism of a 17 yr old boy...... I pack on the pounds if I don't watch what I eat. And ever since I started to lose weight and eat better I have stuck with it because I found it's allot easier to count calories rather than workout twice as hard or count points like other diet programs. AND counting calories has helped me to be aware of what I am eating! .... Anyways I usually take in around 1500 calorie a day. And honestly its hard for me to find food that is not just the every day routine of chicken, Brussels sprouts, wheat bread, egg whites, spray butter, green salad etc. etc. etc. . That is why I am so stoked over this place!... So I have decided to break down for you what I have taken in today and why I think this place is brilliant ....




MY DAILY INTAKE SO FAR

  • Strawberry Slimfast Optima - 190 calories
  • Large banana - 105 calories
  • french fries - 255 calories
  • Chopstick Chicken Bowl - 438 calories
=988 calories!!

And I didn't even eat all of my bowl! I still have more than half of it left! Can you believe that?! I think that is great! I still have 500 + calories left to eat! And it's delicious!!!!!!!




Well I just had to share that with everyone! And if you are looking for healthy/hearty meals and are in or around Draper you should check it out! I dare you!




http://www.ufoodgrill.com/ Here is the link to check it out! For the UT menu click on the locations tab and then scroll to the bottom of the page to the Draper location and click the menu link. Hopefully the menu will sound as good to someone else as it did to me!


Have a lovely day filled with sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment