Friday, February 20, 2009

Draper Temple Viewing

Last night I have the opportunity to walk through the Draper Temple with my family. I was anxious to go because it has been an extremely long time since I have been in a temple. But I can not even begin to express how glad I am that I went. I asked Justin to go with me and although he was hesitant, he still went with me. It really meant a lot to have him there. Over the past year I have gone through many changes, trying to figure out my place in life and what I want in the long run. And when I first met him, I was far from what I had pictured in my head. I have always been curious as to whether or not I would go back to church. Because like many, I let someone else ruin the experience for me and became bitter about it. But over the past few months, I have been making small changes in my life to become what I think, is a better person. And even though I make my own decisions in life, I know that I owe a lot of " my push in the right direction " to Justin. I don't know if I would be where I am now without having him come into my life.

My experience at the temple truly was something that can not be put into words.The beauty in the rooms was breath taking. And the feeling that I was filled with, made the experience so much more meaningful. It opened my eyes to a whole other side of myself and the church. I know now what I have to look forward to when I am sealed to my family for eternity. I can't wait to experience that. They say that the Celestial room in the temple represents Heaven and how beautiful it will be. But I know that by the beauty of that room and just what I imagine Heaven will be like, does not even compare to what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. And I can not wait to be surrounded by such a beautiful paradise with the one's that I love most.

I am so happy that I got the chance to walk through the temple surrounded by my family. I feel so blessed to have the spirit in my life. I can not even imagine what my life would be like if I would not have let the gospel back into my life. And I know that I am not perfect. I know that going back to church fully is going to take time for me. But even just having the gospel in my life as much as I do now fills me with a joy that I have never known before. And that is something that I am thankful for everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I was just going through some blogs, and yours caught my eye.. First off you look really really familiar. I am 21 graduated from AF In 2006, it looks like your from Riverton. I am dating Ryan Brewster right now if you know him, and also dated Zach White, and Kody Skinner who are also from their..anyways.. This post really helped me. I myself have been making changes for the better & working towards the Temple. Its hard, but I know its worth it. Have a great day! You can check out my new blog @ natalielynne.blogspot.com..

    ReplyDelete