Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 21... Something I wish I could forget

While working as a C.N.A. I saw far too many people lose memories of their lives both good and bad. And on their good days, you could see a glimpse of those "forgotten moments" dance in their eyes. And on the bad days, My heart ached every day that their sad empty eyes wandered aimlessly searching for some kind of familiarity.

I guess most people would expect me to say that I wish I could forget the death of someone close to me, or a broken heart.. Or maybe even something awful that happened to me when I was younger. But I don't. I think memories are part of what makes us who we are so I don't know if I would want to forget anything, even the bad.

I do however, wish it were easier for me to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment