Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 16.. A picture of someone who inspires me

President Gordon B. Hinkley


Gordon B. Hinkley is a big inspiration to me because it didn't matter who he came in contact with, he was humble. I used to love watching conference if he was talking. He was a wonderful man, and I truly believe that many people could learn a lot from him, just by the person that he was.

I remember hearing an interview Gordon B Hinkley where he was asked about the LDS faith and what would happen in the final days if this church turned out not being the true church. He said that if that were to happen, then he would be wrong and left it at that.... That has always stuck with me because it shows that he was true to what he believed, but didn't try to over-press his faith. I admire that. I feel like our world is so caught up in pressing our belief systems on others instead of inviting them to share our beliefs but loving them even if they don't. I would like to live in a world like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment