Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Missing someone

Things jump out at me lately, things that remind me of you. It makes me wonder if they are signs like some people would think, or just merely a coincidence because you are subconsciously on my mind. Either way, I don't mind it.

I find myself doing that more often than not these days. Thinking of you. Not in the "I love you, I need you" kind of way. More of the "I wish you were here so I could hold your hand and tell you something funny that happened today kind of way."

You have this strange way of making me completely comfortable and calm, though it hasn't always been that way. I think its comfortable now because I am comfortable with who I am.

I never would have thought in a hundred years that our relationship would have developed into what it has. Deep. Honest.... A real friendship.  I value what we have, even if it is somewhat of a twisted friendship. Weird to the outside eye, but understandable to me because I feel its raw honesty.

I prefer it that way. It feels untouchable, free from others to assume what "this is" or what "it should be". It feels like it is the one relationship I have with someone that isn't evaluated. It flows effortlessly without being forced. Its beautiful because it's real, honest, and private. And even though I miss you, I expect nothing from you. I am comfortable from where I stand. I am comfortable with our twisted friendship, even if it is misinterpreted from the outside eye.

I am comfortable missing you, because I know you miss me too.... Even if it isn't in the "I love you I need you" kind of way.








No comments:

Post a Comment